Exactly ....what do I name this carzy week!

Events from April 1-10th



Really, I don’t try to seek out drama. I know I have a “history” of “histrionics” as Jason so eloquently puts it, but I can make this stuff up. We did instigate it a little, but we were just standing up for ourselves. Jason always tells me that I should write a book about my life. Maybe someday I will, but I need to make sure it has a happy ending first.
Let me begin with the morning after we finished our last post. I can’t remember how much I talked about this earlier. I still feel a little guilty about what we did, but maybe if I can convince you I can convince myself!! We were told the previous Thursday we would be able to get back to our room on Monday evening after they had finished “treating” the room. We knew that they were ‘treating” the room by bringing in heaters and raising the temperature up to 120 degrees for 4 hours. Please keep in mind that they were just doing this as a precaution. They didn’t find an “infestation” in our room per say, but “possible evidence of an infestation”. The DO told me that they could lay eggs and that in could become “infested” again if they didn’t do this to kill the “possible” eggs. When we got to the hotel I went down to talk to the DO. He wasn’t there so I was led to the GM. He briefly explained that they weren’t able to get the room up to 120 so that the pest control company was going to bring more heaters tomorrow. I was annoyed and knew Jason would be livid. I joked with him that well we were going to go to a movie; I always like an excuse to have to go shopping. He said bring us the receipts we will do whatever we can for you.
Jason had taken the news better than I thought. I think he was just excited that I agreed to go to the GI Joe movie with him. We arrived at the mall and I saw a store that interested me right across from the movie theater. Jason saw some comfy chairs, so I knew I would have all the time I wanted. I found something I liked. It was time for the movie, and thought that maybe Jason would be able to shop a little if he rested long enough at the movie. I was wrong. He knew that we needed to buy something for him to wear, so he said he would just wait for me in the truck. Dallas is really funny, you can be in a nice neighborhood and go a block and be in the ghetto. This mall was a great example of that. I stuck out like a sore thumb!! I FINALLY found Jason a shirt that I thought he would like and walked back through the mall very quickly!!!
I love the mornings before Jason begins another round of Chemo. He is feeling the best he will feel for the week, and he is looking forward to relaxing all day in a comfy chair. I know I will be literally sitting at his feet waiting on him. Nothing makes me happier!! The day went very smoothly we were able to get back to the hotel at a reasonable hour. Now that Jason was on the right “cocktail” of medicine he was doing better. We knew we would have to let the room cool down so we planned on just moving all of our stuff over on Wednesday morning. I called before we head over to make sure the roomed had been cleaned. They transferred me over to the DO who was now back to work. I asked him if we were all set to move into our room. He said coyly, didn’t they tell you, I said yes the GM your BOSS said that they were coming back yesterday. He was silent for a second; probably trying to decide how he was going to break this to me. He said well I believe he was mistaken because they are not able to come back until Thursday. I tried to remain calm.  I said well we didn’t bring enough clothes to stay out of our room until Thursday! He said well can you go over to your room and get what you need and they would send it out to be dry cleaned and it would be returned to us at 4pm. Jason didn’t take it as well this time. He told me to go get EVERY PIECE OF CLOTHING WE HAD OVER THERE. I tried to calm him down and play down the situation. He was starting to argue with me and I knew he wasn’t going to let it go. Right then I decided to do what Jason said. He was hurting every time he talked and getting upset was just going to make that worse. I didn’t deserve to take the punishment because they have such poor communication at their hotel. So I did it. I went down to the front desk to get some big garbage bags, also hoping to run into the DO and warn him about what was going to happen.  I didn’t see him and continued on. I got everything out loaded it on my back. I took this picture knowing that I would have to have proof of what I really did.
I tried to not think about how much the bill was going to be, but had no idea it could be what it was. We called the front desk at 5 and they said that they had just received our clothes and the bell boy would bring them up. Another hour later, we still had no clothes. Also we had noticed that the microwave in this room was acting like our old one. Jason said he would go down with me to see where our clothes were and to tell them about our microwave. I walked back with the bell boy to get our clothes while Jason stayed to talk to the attendant. I walked back to the desk just as I had saw the attendant say yes I hear you and shooed Jason away with his hand! Even though Jason was slightly stoned that guy had no right to do that to him. The bell boy helped wheel the cart up and we started transferring the clothes to our closet. I was looking at some of the receipts but didn’t notice the total. Jason said HOLY COW the total is $665. I was shocked and felt sick to my stomach. I knew that they wouldn’t say anything to us about it. The DO said from the very beginning that he was scared this was going to be leaked out to the news. I tried to justify it by telling Jason that well if the GM hadn’t just tried to get rid of me and found out the real story. I would have said ok well we will by some new clothes and you can pay for the bill.  I can tell you it would have been a LOT less than $665.
The rest of the week went better. Nothing was bothering me except some problems I was having about care and rides for Dylan. We were relishing in the fact that Jason was able to eat a little and was gaining some weight back. Even though our room was ready by Thursday night, I told them that we would give them a chance to clean it up well and we wouldn’t move in until we came back on Monday. Friday morning Jason was getting a liter of fluids to give him a little boost for the weekend. The ride home was a little hairy with Jason feeling nausea, but we made it home safely. When Jackson showed me a birthday invitation for that night I was worried that it would have been too little of notice. The invitation had a number on it and I left a message saying that I had just found about the party and that my son wanted to go, and to please let me know if it was too late. It worked out perfectly because Dylan had a baseball game at 6 and the party was at 7:30. Jason first said he could watch the babies while I took the older boys to the game. Then Jason came to me an hour before we were to go and asked if I could take Harrison to the game. When we were set to leave and I saw that Jason was asleep. I loaded all of the boys and headed out. Dylan did AWESOME! I was so happy that they were finally able to be proud of how they were playing. The kids did well; I was able to keep them contained for most of the game.
The game was lasting a little longer then I thought it would, and I wanted to leave to get Jackson to his birthday party on time. I thought they were going to just finish out the rest of that inning. Dylan had asked if they win the game if he could spend the night at his friend Seth’s house. How could I say no to that. I had already arranged for Seth’s mom Lisa to give Dylan a ride home since I was going to be taking Jackson to his party. As I was exiting the parking lot I got a text from Lisa. She said Dylan just hit a HOME RUN!!! Seriously I got Jackson to his party and I knew the Mom from helping with the Christmas party for Jax school. I was asking her if she could text me when they were done and I could come pick him up, she had said that they had played really well at the zoo that day and asked if he could spend the night. I felt a little bad about being apart from him when we hadn’t seen him all week, but knew we would be with each other ALL day tomorrow! I got clothes for Dylan to change into went home and washed his outfit for the morning. I knew Saturday was going to be a big day, but stayed up to watch all of the Glee episodes I had recorded! I had to take advantage of Dylan and Jackson not being there to see it!
This is how Saturday went… Kellen got me up at 6:30 (after going to bed at 2). Made the babies breakfast got them dressed. 8:45- Jackson was dropped off got him dressed everyone loaded up. 9:15- dropped Jackson off for pictures and asked another players mom to watch out for him. Went to where Dylan was spending the night and dropped of his uniform. It was colder than I thought so I went back home for warmer clothes for us to wear. 10:00-Watched Jackson’s game with Kellen and Harrison. It was nice to have help from a player’s little sister to entertain the babies. Jackson got on base every time and played catcher too. He did a good job, as long as the ball came right to him. Luckily I had cash on me, because of course I had trashed the email that had the sno cone schedule and it was my turn!
11am -We went home to get the babies down for a nap and have Jackson change into his soccer uniform. Jason was awake on the couch but I knew the babies wouldn’t be any trouble for him since they would be sleeping. After changing my clothes again because it was now warm we headed back to the baseball field. 12pm-Dylan did great at his baseball game. He wasn’t able to get another home run, but got a triple a couple of times. Luckily I still had cash because it was also my turn to pay for Dylan’s sno cones. 2pm- We were able to be on time for Jackson’s soccer game. Dylan got a ride home and was able to spend some quality time alone with his dad. Jackson did really well at his soccer game. He is totally different boy than the one who just played in the dirt and ran a step behind everyone else last year. 3pm- headed home babies were up changed their diapers got them something to eat. Loaded everyone up headed to the store to get a present for a birthday party that Dylan was going to at 4pm. Dropped him off and arranged for another mother to drive him home. 4:30pm- Finally sat down, but it was on the trampoline with my babies. It was wonderful!
Sunday was just what it needed to be calm and peaceful, well as much as it can be with 4 boys in a little house. I should have known it was what I needed to recuperate and prepare myself for what was to come this week. We had watched the morning session of conference. What I could hear of it was very touching and inspiring.  We are so blessed that the kids do so well with staying with people. I don’t what I would do if my child cried and screamed every time we left them. I used to joke that they didn’t mind leaving me because I wasn’t any fun. That is obviously not true. All of my boys have a cozy blanket of security. They know they are loved unconditionally and will never be in any harm or danger. I thought that I could only feel “Mama Bear” protecting her cubs, with my boys, but it showed up this week when I was fighting for Jason.
We said good bye to Dylan and Jackson when they left for the bus that morning. Jason slept in while I got the babies ready… almost in time for my two great friends Jodi and Crystal to take over. While Jodi was there she saw how Kellen was talking. She said he didn’t do that at all when he stayed at her house last time. I initially felt sad when I heard that. I try not to think about how my boys are doing for these reasons alone. I felt relieved when he was leaving he vigorously waved bye to me from the car. I knew he would be my Kells Bells now, himself!
Jason took a nap on the way up to Dallas. We didn’t have to wait long to get in. As we were leaving the parking lot of the radiation clinic, Jason said that he had to get a refill for his Zofran. I panicked because I knew that it wasn’t going to be that easy. I asked him how many he had left and he said 2. Then I really panicked. I knew I had only 8 hours to get what he needed. My fight or flight was put into motion. I called the pharmacy and said that we needed a refill. They said that the insurance denied it, and that our doctor needed to call the insurance to request the medicine. Luckily Mary the secretary for Dr. Nedzi was very understanding with me and realizes the panic and seriousness in my voice. See Jason makes fun of me for this. Comes in handy in situations like this. I called the pharmacy back and they said that the prescription was ready. I was surprised; they refilled the Zofran that easy? No your Dr. called in Promethazine. I told him that medicine didn’t work and we needed the Zofran. Jason was right in front of me when I was saying this I told him to get Mary’s number for me. He must of misunderstood me because he had called her. Of course she answered her phone right away, unlike most in the medical world, so now I had Mary on one ear and the pharmacist on the other. It actually worked in my favor because I was able to tell Mary word for word what the pharmacist needed. I got off the phone with him first and she explained to me that the doctor had a couple of patients to see first then he would call them again. I knew there was nothing else I could do. I trusted that the doctor was going to do what he needed to do to make the insurance see the error of their ways. I had gotten dressed up that day because usually Jason feels best on Mondays and we can go to a movie. Of course the chemo and radiation had finally gotten the best of him and he was too tired. He then did something hardly ever does, and told me to go get a pedicure. I didn’t waste a minute and headed out!          

I was deep into my happy place we all know about when you are getting a great massage when the doctor’s office called. I was surprised to hear it was the doctor himself. Dr. Cannon was the new intern working with Dr. Nedzi. What a way to begin! He said that he had haggled with the insurance company and what we had to do was write file a prescription appeal. We had to write a letter explaining why he needed this medicine and that UT southwestern had permission to give it to him. What a pain!!! Remember caught me in my happy place! No problem we would make it work! They agreed to give Jason enough for three days. I was able to pick that up on the way home. I felt like I was giving Jason a million dollars or gold coins when I put those pills in his hand! I told Jason about the letter and since he had a nap he was pumped enough to do it. It was late and Jason didn’t want to go down to the office in the hotel to print it up, but he had done something to my phone so I would easily be able to do it while he was in getting chemo. We didn’t even need to wait that long, because after only being there for a few minutes I walked up to the first person who had a printer and asked them who could help me. She told me about calling the tech personal, but I knew it was going to need that. Jason had showed me how to ask for available computers on my phone, but then I realized that I could just email it to this girl and she could print it up. She said that would be fine and gave me the paper. Jason signed it, and then she even faxed it for us.
 I was hoping to get going on my letters, but I didn’t have the drive. I was just drained! I was then surprised to receive a text message that my trusty clan in Abilene had finally done the impossible! My good friend Kristy told me that they had secured a venue for the Yardley Fun Run in Abilene! I was so relieved! I had invited family that didn’t live in Texas and was going to be so disappointed if I told them it wasn’t going to happen. I definitely needed to hear that great news! I still didn’t get that wonderful drive I needed do get what I needed done, but I was a lot happier! The nurse who was taking care of him at the chemo clinic was great. She had talked about problems that she was having with her son, and it really put ours into perspective. We got out of Chemo and headed straight over to radiation. We didn’t realize that we had to have our appointment with the Dr that we usually have on Thursdays. It actually worked in our favor because after us complaining so much about the Zofran, we realized that he was going to run out of his pain medicine too. I am so unbelievably appreciative of everyone who is helping with this insurance issue. This sweet nurse has been helping us. She had called the insurance and argued with them. I thought it was funny how she was more fired up about it than I was. She again called me this morning and told me how they were going to keep on them.
We had been been pretty worn out after all that, and it was getting pretty late. I bought some more fast food on the way home. I think I feel like if I can eat all this fattening food maybe Jason will inherit my calories…hmm not so much! I thought the drama for the day was over, but when Jason had been asleep for a little while and I had just barely gotten there, our FIRE ALARM had suddenly gone off. I think I was still asleep and ran to the bathroom and pulled my scentscy plug in out of the wall and it crashed into the sink. Luckily it was just white wax. Jason started getting dressed so I quickly followed. We got inline with everyone else heading down the stairs. I called my MIL so she could experience this chaos with us. We got down stairs and the fire truck was quickly in the parking lot. We waited awhile; I didn’t think there was a fire, just one of the faulty blunders that this hotel was known for. We got back into our room an hour later. It was another night of Jason getting up every hour, but I was in a deep sleep when again the fire alarm went off at 7:30 in the morning. I was trying to talk Jason out of it, but we got dressed and headed down stairs. There were less people then the night before, and when we didn’t see any fire truck I walked over to the front window and saw the clerk behind the counter. We walked in Jason actually asked her if we were ok to go back in. She rolled her eyes and played it off; she said there is just a kid who keeps pulling the fire alarm! Huh! Really blaming it on a kid! Where is this kids parents and why aren’t they getting fined $10,000 for doing this! Oh boy! So here we are! Well 8 hours later! It wasn’t a continuous 8 hours, but I have had a lot to talk about. Sorry if I got a little worded, as Jason likes to say. I don’t know how I am going to keep this up when I am back home. Hopefully there is not much to say other them Jason is less nauseous, Jason is getting more energy, Jason is in less pain, Jason is eating more, Jason can move his tongue better, Jason can talk clearly, Jason had a clear MRI!!! Thank you again for all of your prayers and support. If you are one of the doctors, nurses or secretaries that have been helping us, please know you are the best! Thank you for doing your job so well with so much care.
P.S. if there is a P.S. in blogs! Just had a brilliant idea! Called our trusty friend Kristin and she is going to help us with our Zofran situation! You might get hit in the face if you complain about the pharmacy on base! Jason has tried to cut down on the Zofran and has already thrown up two times tonight. I will be fuming if we have to take him to the ER again!!!!
   






No comments:

Post a Comment