Really no REALLY!!!!!

25-28 March 2013

      Well it is me, on the blog, computer on my lap, ready to tell another fascinating story. Like I said earlier, Jason was having a hard time deciding what to do about his "cracked" muffler. We went to a four wheel drive shop where Jason was a kid in a candy store, unfortunately they didn't have what we needed. We then went halfway across the city to find an Academy Sports, and a Pep Boys. Seriously Dallas has everything, but it is SPREAD OUT. We came home defeated. BTW Academy Sports had nothing to do with our quest for a muffler! Since Jason hasn't had Chemo for a week and a couple of days to recover from radiation, Monday is his best day. But of course we took it too far and were exhausted by the time we got back Monday night.  


     Since this was our third Chemo visit, we knew what to expect. We got there on time with all of our supplies for the day. The bag was getting heavier because I had to include his salt and baking soda mouth wash, his "magic" lidocaine mouthwash, his toothbrush tooth paste, his hydrocodaine, aloe vera steroid cream, anti bacterial cream, and don't forget the chapstick. We first visited with the Chemo doctor and he informed Jason that he hadn't lost any more weight, but he needed to weigh himself everyday and try to expand his stomach even if he didn't feel hungry. That we will find out is easier said than done. He also told him that he was going to switch his pain meds and give him Morphine and Oxycodane. Jason didn't like it, but he knew it was the only way to keep the pain at a tolerable level.It turned out to be a good day. I was able to use my time wisely and write some long overdue thank you letters. Jason slept a little and also looked up some muffler shops, after realizing that was the only option. I also knew that Grandma and Grandpa were doing work on our yard with the help of some men in our church. I felt overwhelmed with gratitude. I should have known that things were going to good something had to go wrong!!!!!    
 

    We woke up late this morning, that should have been my first clue! Well actually we didn't wake up late, Jason just took too long to get ready, thus we were a couple minutes late. We got through radiation, behind schedule, but that was their fault. Jason had the address of the best reviewed muffler shop that he had found, so we headed that way. We had a good feeling when we met the guy and trusted what he said. He said that we should call him in an hour to see if we could bring it down. We knew that we couldn't wait there so Jason asked me to call my sister to see if she could let us borrow her car. I was surprised he was so willing to ask for help, but he knew he didn't feel good enough to sit there and wait for the truck to get worked on. She graciously offered her car for as long as we needed it. We figured it would take an hour to get there and back, so it would work out perfectly. We ended up going home to give Jason a protein shake in his feeding tube but headed out from there. We spent some time with my sister but wanted to get ahead of the traffic. Jason said he wouldn't lose me, but luckily gave me the business card that the mechanic had given us. Of course Jason sped off, weaving in and out of traffic. I was keeping up, but between the construction and getting stuck behind a red light. He lost me, oh I mean I should have drove faster....according to him! I started heading which I thought was the right direction when Jason texted me and told me which road I was supposed to be on. I was downtown Grapevine....no where near that road. I got frightened for a sec when I realized.... duh... I have a GPS in my hand. Soon I was on my way and ended up only 15 minutes behind Jason. Just long enough time for him to upgrade his muffler option. by the time we were heading home it was 3:30. So much for Jason being able to go home and rest after his radiation all day. As I was heading to the muffler shop I noticed a greek restaurant I suddenly realized I hadn't eaten all day. When I finally made it to the muffler shop Jason said you want to go back to that greek restaurant don't you. That is what 10 years of marriage does to you. We got my gyro and headed back to the hotel. All of a sudden Jason said I feel like I am going to throw up. Luckily we were able to pull over in time and he threw up the second he stepped out of the card. That was the first time he has thrown up since he has started his chemo. I felt so bad for him and just kept telling him that he can go to the hotel take a shower and get in bed. This is what we walked into when we walked into our room


I did not know what was going on. I thought well maybe they realized that the sleep number machine wasn't working, yes I am naive. I kept calling the front desk saying my husband is very sick and needs to get in bed. 20 minutes later I called again. Still no one showed up. I took a picture and headed down there pissed off!!!! I should the picture to the front desk attendant and she said we are aware of the situation, we are waiting for the director of operations to talk with you. I thought Uh oh! That doesn't sound good! He came over to me shook my hand and headed me to the other side of the room where no one would hear us. He sat me down and finally got around to saying that they had to check our room for an "INFESTATION". Is this really happening!!! He said they had the pest control come out and he said they didn't find anything in our room, but there were signs of it. The room next to ours did have it so they wanted to be overly cautious and treat our room too. Of course they moved us to another room, but our stuff had to stay there to be "treated". He didn't know when the pest team was coming back so he wanted us to take out clothes that we would wear for two days and he would send them down to the cleaners and return them to us this night. Jason was able to go over to the room right away and get in bed. Of course I spent the next hour hauling over our toiletries, food, and kitchen supplies. Then Jason decided that he couldn't eat anything that we had so I had to drive to the store and get him CUP OF SOUP!!!! I did it and didn't complain!!! Probably why I have spent the last couple of hours writing this post. I needed to vent. But I have had my new favorite show on in the back ground and heard the Heat lost....finally!!! And no I didn't ask what the infestation was and yes I can't stop itching at.... absolutely nothing!!!! Good night Ya'll!!!

Love,
 Heather        

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Seriously, an infestation-- you can't make this stuff up. Heather, I love the way you write, you're just so real:) We think the world of you both and can feel your courage and strength. Thank you for sharing your fight with the rest of us. Keep fighting, we are on your team and we will continue to pray for you. Love, Cody and Merry

    ReplyDelete